Learn how to integrate with Gorgias Helpdesk so that you can sync support ticket activity to Klaviyo and respond to SMS from within Gorgias. When you integrate with Gorgias, Opened Ticket, Resolved Ticket, and Completed Survey metrics for all ticket activity will sync to Klaviyo, and you will have the choice to sync SMS conversations and manage SMS responses from within Gorgias.
The SMS integration only works when recipients are in the US or Canada, as alphanumeric sender IDs cannot receive text messages.
Set Up the Gorgias Integration
If you plan to use Gorgias to respond to SMS, you must have previously set up SMS in Klaviyo. If you haven’t already done so:
- Navigate to Account > Settings > SMS
- Click Set up SMS for free
Follow the steps outlined below to integrate Gorgias with Klaviyo:
- Log in to your Klaviyo account
- Find Gorgias in your Integrations tab
- Click Add Integration
- Click Integrate with Gorgias to start setting up the integration
- Enter your Helpdesk URL into the field labeled Gorgias Helpdesk URL
This will sync all Gorgias activity. For example, if you use one Gorgias account to manage multiple regional sites (and multiple Klaviyo accounts), all Gorgias activity will sync to the Klaviyo account where you set up the integration.
- Click Connect to Gorgias to open a new browser tab
- In the new tab, enter your Gorgias username and password
- Click Login
- Select All resources from the dropdown
- Click Authorize
- In the resulting modal, verify your Klaviyo account name and ID
- Click Confirm if these values are correct
- If they are not correct, check that you:
- Inputted the correct Gorgias domain
- Logged in with the correct Gorgias account (if you have multiple)
- Connected to the correct Klaviyo account for your brand
- If they are not correct, check that you:
- Click Connect to Gorgias to finish the Gorgias Klaviyo integration
If the integration connection is successful, a modal will confirm that your Gorgias account is now connected to Klaviyo.
If you click Go Back to Klaviyo, you’ll be able to see the following in the Gorgias integration settings within Klaviyo:
- Gorgias Helpdesk URL
- External ID: this is set in and synced from Gorgiias
- Sync SMS conversations = True
Metrics Synced Between Klaviyo and Gorgias
The following metrics are synced in real time from Gorgias to Klaviyo. The metrics will appear on an individual’s profile page and can be used in segments and flows.
- Opened Ticket
- Resolved Ticket
- Satisfaction survey responded (e.g., Completed Survey)
Each metric is stored with an associated profile. If a profile doesn't exist, one will be created in Klaviyo.
If you are in a specific profile and view the activity for a metric, you’ll be able to see information such as:
- Who the ticket was assigned to
- Ticket ID and URL
- Channel (SMS or email)
- Message content
How the Gorgias SMS Integration Works
After the integration is set up, Klaviyo will automatically create a ticket in Gorgias whenever:
- A consented SMS subscriber texts a phone number associated with your account
- The text message either contains HELP or does not contain a keyword (i.e., one of the subscribe words listed in your SMS Settings page in Klaviyo)
SMS messages from anyone in the UK or Australia are not shown, as alphanumeric sender IDs (the only number type available in these countries) cannot receive inbound messages.
Any subsequent messages are automatically added to the ticket.
Responses from within Gorgias will also appear in Klaviyo.
Replies from Gorgias are sent using the same channel as the latest inbound message, and sent via a phone number associated with your Klaviyo account. If a subscriber texts you, the reply will be an SMS sent via the toll-free number or short code in your account.
Messages from Gorgias count toward your SMS billing plan like any other message.
Note that if you are managing multiple brands in Gorgias, all of your Gorgias metrics will sync to Klaviyo.
When the Integration Syncs
The integration syncs in real time. As soon as an SMS subscriber texts you, that message will appear in Gorgias.
Note that there is no historic sync. SMS conversations won’t appear in Gorgias if a subscriber texted you before you set up this integration. However, all further messages will sync. If a subscriber texts you once before you enable the integration and once after, the message that comes in after you set up the integration will show in Gorgias, but the one sent before will not.
If a customer sends an image or GIF with a text message, the image will not be displayed in Gorgias. Similarly, you cannot send MMS messages from Gorgias.