If a signup form is not working as expected, review this guide to explore common issues and solutions to these issues.
Troubleshooting Klaviyo Forms
Please note that signup forms will not render for browsers using Internet Explorer. Legacy signup forms will continue to render for those using any type of web browser.
When using Klaviyo's new Signup Form Builder, you may need to follow different troubleshooting steps when your forms aren’t working as expected. Below, you can find solutions specific to the Signup Form Builder.
Form is Not Appearing on Site
If your form is published in Klaviyo but not displaying:
- Verify that you have the signup form code snippet installed on your site.
- If you're using an embedded form, verify that you have the embed code installed on your site.
- Verify that your site is live.
- Check the Behaviors tab in the Signup Form Builder to ensure that the form is configured to display on the URL that you are viewing.
- Make sure you’re not using Internet Explorer. As mentioned above, new signup forms won’t appear on IE.
- Re-run the test in incognito/private browsing mode in a new window. It may be that you have already closed the popup, which is why it isn't displaying again. We cookie browsers for one year, so once someone closes a popup, they won’t see the same popup again for another year (unless they clear their cookies).
Form Won't Successfully Submit
If your form is not submitting when you click the Submit button:
- Verify that the list the form is connected to has not been deleted.
- Verify that the button is a Submit button, not a Close button.
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email. If your list is set to double opt-in, you will not be added to it until you confirm your subscription.
Form isn't Styled as it is in Klaviyo
Klaviyo forms should render on your website as they have been designed in Klaviyo. If this isn’t the case, it could be that your site has !important CSS which overrides all CSS on your website. You can work around this by removing the !important in your site’s CSS. If you are still having trouble with this, please contact us.
Unable to detect installation
You may receive the error message "Unable to detect that signup forms are successfully installed on your site. Please view the installation documentation." but have correctly added the installation snippet to your website (or are using a prebuilt integration that does this automatically). This may appear if you are using a tag management platform (eg. Google Tag Manager) or some other method to deliver the snippet to your website when the page loads.
This message will not prevent you from publishing a form so if the snippet is correctly installed on the website you should be fine to ignore it. If you are still having trouble with this, please contact us.
If you don't see your issue outlined above, check out our Signup Forms FAQ for additional troubleshooting steps.