You will learn
The Flows Performance Report lets you do a deep dive into flow-specific engagement and conversion information. We help you get up and running quickly by providing a pre-built report that includes all the standard engagement and deliverability metrics neatly grouped by flow name. Tailor this to your needs by customizing the metrics you want to analyze and focusing that analysis using tags and time range filters.
The Flows Performance Report can help you answer questions like:
- How has my welcome series performed over the last year?
- How has each message within my abandoned cart flow performed across multiple engagement metrics in the last month?
- Are any flows seeing more or less sending activity than usual over the last 90 days? Is this present in my recent Placed Order Rate and revenue generated?
In this guide, you will learn more about the Flows Performance Report, where to find it in Klaviyo, and how to customize it to better serve your brand.
Build your report
1. To create a new flows performance report, navigate to Analytics > Custom Reports.
2. Then, either browse our library of prebuilt reports or click Create from scratch.
3. Under Report Type, select Flows Performance Report from the dropdown and give your report a name.
4. From there, you can customize your report to best serve your business needs. By default, the report is pre-populated with the standard deliverability and engagement metrics related to your channels in Klaviyo. If you employ both SMS and email, you will see both SMS and email metrics appear.
5. If any pre-populated metric is irrelevant to your needs, you can remove it by clicking the X to the right of the metric’s name. To re-add any of these defaults, click within the gray box and reselect them from the dropdown menu.
You may also add up to 10 conversion metrics in addition to the pre-populated set that comes with the report. This includes both standard conversion metrics (e.g., Placed Order) and conversion rates (e.g., Placed Order Rate) that are attributable to your messages.
6. Click + Add Conversion Metric to add these parameters to your analysis.
7. Once you have customized your report and added your desired conversion metric, the next step is to decide how you want to analyze those conversion metrics. With the exception of rates, all conversion metrics support two different dropdowns to customize your analysis:
- Total, unique, or value
You can report on the total number of instances of an event (TOTAL) or the unique number of profiles that performed that event (UNIQUE). If the metric you select has a monetary value associated with it (e.g., Placed Order), you can also report on the value of the events (VALUE).
- SUM or AVG
You can choose one of two aggregations: SUM or AVG. SUM shows you the total of all events for your selected metric. For example, if there are two Placed Order events within the timespan you select, both with a $15 value, the VALUE SUM will be $30 and the TOTAL SUM will be 2. AVG shows the average of events that occurred for your metric. For example, if there are two Placed Order events within the timespan you select, both with a value of $15, the average will be $15.
8. You can add a modifier to group and filter your report by specific values. This allows you to build a more tailored report around your selected metrics, specific to your business needs.
- +Add Group By
You can group your report values by flow, flow message, or flow message (including variations). If you do not add a group by element, each flow will have two rows: one for email and one for SMS.
- Flow: Rates will appear as weighted averages of each metric to account for overall flow performance (for example, a weighted average of the open rates to account for each message’s performance in a welcome series).
- Flow Message: Data will be grouped by individual messages of your flows (for example, Open Rate will be displayed for each message in a welcome series rather than the flow performance as a whole).
- Flow Message (including variations): Data will be grouped by individual messages of your flows (for example, Open Rate will be displayed for each message in a welcome series rather than the flow performance as a whole).
- Filter by Tags
The Flows Performance Report supports filtering by tag. For example, if you only want to view data from a specific flow, you can do so by selecting the desired tag from the dropdown menu. You may select multiple tags at once, separated by the AND connector.
9. Finally, customize the timeframe of your report so that it only shows the data you care about. To adjust the timeframe, choose your selected time range and grouping from the associated dropdowns.
You can adjust the time range to:
- Last 24 Hours
- This Week
- Last 7 Days
- Last Week
- This Month
- Last 30 Days
- Last Month
- This Year
- Last 90 Days
- Last 365 Days
- Last Year
You can also group the data by:
Run and export your report
Once you customize your flows performance report to include all of your desired engagement, deliverability, and conversion metrics — as well as timeframes, groupings, and filters — you’re ready to run your report.
1. Click Save & Run Report. This will process your report and save it in your account.
While it may take some time to populate your results, when it is complete, you will see a robust summary of your report. Your new report and its results will automatically be saved, so you may navigate away and return to your report from within the Analytics tab at any time.
Once your report populates, the configuration box will automatically collapse so you can focus on identifying performance trends and opportunities. A timestamp of when the report was last run will appear above your results.
2. To export the results of your report for further analysis, click Export.
Schedule your reports
You also have the option to schedule a report to auto-run at a specific date and time and be notified via email when your results are ready. This way, you can set up your reports to automatically run and pull data for your review instead of manually exporting them.
Learn how to schedule reports automatically in Klaviyo.
Update report results
Reports do not automatically refresh; rather, you will need to manually re-run the report to pull updated data. To see when a report was last updated, look at the Last Run timestamp from either the Analytics tab or from within the report itself.
1. To update your report to display the latest data, reopen it and click Run Report.
2. In the event that you need to see historical report results from previous runs, go to Custom Reports and click More.
3. Then choose View History from the dropdown menu.
This will show all historical runs for your report of interest.
4. To download the historical results of your report, select Export.
Clone and rename reports
If you have an existing report that you would like to copy, use the clone option.
1. To clone a report, go to Custom Reports and find the report that you want to clone.
2. To the right of the report, click More and then choose Clone Report from the dropdown menu.
Once you clone your report, you will see a new report appear at the top of your Custom Reports list named "Copy of your original report name.
Note that cloned reports do not include scheduling preferences from the original report. If you would like to schedule your copied report to deliver to you on a regular cadence, head to our guide on How to Schedule Custom Reports.
3. If you would also like to rename your cloned report, navigate to the right of the report and click More, then choose Edit Name from the dropdown menu.
4. Rename your report in the modal that appears. Once you have renamed your report, click Save.