Learn how to sync customer information such as names and email addresses from Klaviyo to Shopify. This can be done within Klaviyo on your Shopify integration settings page. On this page, you have the option to sync changes to certain profile fields from Klaviyo to Shopify.
Keep in mind that syncing these changes will overwrite these values in Shopify, even if they were originally created in Shopify before syncing to Klaviyo. This can be useful if, for example, you would like to change the email address associated with a particular customer (within Klaviyo) and you want this change to be reflected in Shopify.
It is important to exercise caution when using this feature, as you may unintentionally overwrite fields in Shopify with data synced through other active integrations in your Klaviyo account. For example, let's say you have help desk software integrated with Klaviyo and someone opens a ticket under the name JD when their full name is Jane Doe. If they open the ticket with the same email address you have on file, their name will be updated in Klaviyo from Jane Doe to JD and, if the sync is enabled, these changes will be reflected in Shopify as well. In this case, their full name would no longer be stored anywhere.
Sync Fields from Klaviyo to Shopify
1. Navigate to the Integrations tab, select Enabled Integrations, and click on your Shopify integration.
2. On your Shopify Integration Settings page, check the box that reads Update Shopify customer profiles with Klaviyo data.
3. Select a GDPR setting for your account if there isn't one already.
4. If you're using Klaviyo SMS, we recommend that you check the box to Sync customer SMS subscription status to Shopify. This setting will automatically backfill your SMS subscription data to Shopify and, in the future, sync this data from Klaviyo to Shopify whenever a Shopify customer subscribes or unsubscribes from SMS. Read more about How to Collect SMS Consent at Checkout on Shopify.
5. Click Update Shopify Settings.
Once you've updated your settings, Klaviyo will begin syncing data back to Shopify. Note that only existing Shopify profiles will be updated with Klaviyo data. New profiles from within Klaviyo will not be synced to Shopify.
The fields that are updated in the Klaviyo to Shopify sync include:
The email address of the contact
- First name
The contact's first name
- Last name
The contact's last name
- Guide to Integrating with Shopify (for more information about Shopify integration settings)
- How to Sync Shopify Email Subscribes to a Klaviyo List (for more information about Shopify subscribers in Klaviyo)