You will learn
Learn how to create SMS disclosure language on the account-level, making it easy to add to your signup forms.
Note that this article is only for people who have not already set up their disclosure language; it is only for those who didn’t complete that step in the SMS setup wizard.
This information is not legal advice. Klaviyo recommends that you consult with your legal counsel to make sure that you comply with applicable laws in connection with your marketing activities.
Disclosure language is critical to SMS compliance. By law, you need to include it anywhere you’re collecting SMS consent.
As a best practice, disclosure language should be placed above the SMS opt-in button in a form, so your customers read it before subscribing.
Before you begin
Before creating your disclosure language, you must:
- Turn on SMS in Klaviyo
- Create your mobile terms of service
Create your SMS disclosure language
- Click your organization name in the bottom left corner.
- Navigate to Settings > SMS.
- Scroll down to SMS opt-in disclosure.
- Click Configure opt-in disclosure.
- Include your full company name.
- Add a link to your mobile terms of service.
- Click Submit.
Sample disclosure language