Email marketers often focus on the two metrics that are easiest to track: open and click rates. The ultimate objective of email marketing, however, is not simply to have people open and click an email. The important part is what happens next - did the email recipient view a product page, start a checkout, make a purchase etc.?
The concept of a "conversion" doesn't start or stop at the open/click event. Klaviyo's Email Performance Dashboard helps you analyze the conversion metrics that matter most to your business while visualizing how your emails are performing. Furthermore, this Dashboard is designed to make it easy to understand how your email marketing is driving your business goals.
Select your View & the Performance Snapshot
When you first navigate to the Email Performance tab of the Klaviyo Dashboard, you will have the option to filter the timeframe of your view, as well as which conversion metric you'd like to analyze. You can choose to view data from a single month, from the last 7 days, the last 30 days, last 90 days, from the last year or simply from today.
Next, you will see a snapshot overview of our account's email performance. Here, you will find the following:
- Total revenue / Total Conversions: If your selected conversion metric has a monetary value associated with it, here you will see the Total Revenue number associated with this metric over the time range you've specified. If the conversion metric you've selected does not have an associated monetary value (such as the Active on Site metric), you will see a Total Conversions number from the time range you've specified. The numbers here reflect ALL tracked activity in your account.
- From Email: The value you will see here reflects all conversion activity attributed to email. This number should be viewed side-by-side with the Total Revenue / Total Conversions number to help you analyze how your email marketing strategy is driving your business activity. Klaviyo then breaks down this From Email number for you so you can understand how both Flows and Campaigns are contributing to your overall conversions:
- Flows: Here, you can see which percentage of total activity attributed to email is coming from automated flow sending
- Campaigns: Here, you can see which percentage of total activity attributed to email is coming from campaign sending
- $ / Recipient or Conversion / Recipient: If your selected conversion metric has a monetary value associated with it, you will see the overall $ earned per email recipient here. If the conversion metric you've selected does not have an associated monetary value (such as the Active on Site metric), you will a number reflecting overall Conversions per email recipient over the time range you've specified.
Flow & Campaign Activity Snapshot
Below this snapshot overview, you will see an overview of Flow activity. Only flows that currently contain at least one "live" email will populate here, as this Dashboard is designed to show a real-time view of current email performance.
If your Dashboard view is centered around a conversion metric with an associated monetary value, you will see an Earned value for each live flow, as well as $ / Recipient. If your selected metric does not have a monetary value associated with it (such as Active on Site), you will see a total Conversionsnumber here, as well as Conversion / Recipient.
The final section featured in the Dashboard's Email Performance tab is an overview of Campaign activity. This view will feature the most recent six sent campaigns from the timeframe you've selected. As with flows, you will see numbers around total revenue earned from each campaign, or conversely the total number of conversions from each campaign, depending on whether your Dashboard view is centered around a conversion metric with an associated monetary value or not.
While this view only shows the most recent 8 sent campaigns in the time range you've selected, the Performance Snapshot section at the top of the tab will always show the total attributed revenue/conversions for all campaigns during the selected time range.