You will learn
Learn how to resync your Shopify catalog items and categories to Klaviyo to see the most up-to-date information. There are currently four functions available for catalog resync: resyncing an individual item, resyncing a page of items (up to 25 items at a time), refreshing the category names in your catalog, and resyncing item membership in a particular category. Currently, manual catalog resync functionality is only available to customers using Shopify.
Before you begin
If you have not already, read our guide on Getting started with Shopify for step-by-step instructions on integrating, before continuing with this article.
It is important to note the following:
- Klaviyo syncs items from Shopify in real time, so typically items will be updated without the need for a resync.
- New categories and item membership in a particular category are synced from Shopify every six hours, so a category resync is helpful to view the most up-to-date information in Klaviyo.
- Currently, there is no way to resync an entire catalog at once.
How to resync an individual item
To resync an individual item and its attributes (e.g., item name, item price, SKU):
1. In Klaviyo, navigate to the Catalog tab and search for the item you wish to resync by name or item ID
2. Click on the item’s name to open the item page
3. From there, click Resync Item in the upper right
4. You’ll receive a green success callout indicating that your item has been updated.
How to resync a page of items
You can resync a page of items at a time, with up to 25 items on one page. This will resync all details of every item on the page.
1. Navigate to the Catalog tab in Klaviyo.
2. Use the search function or filter by status or category to control what items show up on a single page. Note that if you happen to have multiple catalog sources, you will see the option to filter by catalog name, and you must filter by Shopify in order to access resync functionality.
3. To resync a page of items, click Resync Page Items on the right.
4. A popup will ask if you would like to resync those items. Click Resync Items to continue.
5. Once the items on the page have resynced, a green success callout will appear.
How to refresh all category names
1. Navigate to the Catalog tab in Klaviyo and select Categories.
2. Here, you can refresh all the category names from your Shopify store by clicking Refresh Category Names. This action will bring in new category names or delete a category that no longer exists in Shopify, but it will not resync the individual items in a category or the membership of items in a category. This means that the new category will be empty until you sync it individually (see the following section) or until the next six hour periodic sync.
3. A green success callout will appear once the categories have been updated.
How to resync an individual category
To resync item membership in an individual category:
1. Navigate to the Catalog tab in Klaviyo and flip over to Categories
2. Click the blue resync icon on the far right next to the category you wish to update
3. A green success callout will appear once the category has been updated.
Note that this action does not resync the details of individual products in that category.
You have now resynced whatever items, pages, or categories you selected.