You will learn
Learn how to insert a product block into Klaviyo emails in order to dynamically show your best-selling or most popular products.
Product blocks do not support any custom HTML. If you want to custom code your product block, you'll need to use an HTML template and manually insert product information.
The product block feature is available by default for the ecommerce platforms listed in our article How to use product feeds and recommendations. If you use an ecommerce platform that is not listed there, you'll need to sync your product catalog into Klaviyo by following our guide, Sync a custom catalog feed to Klaviyo.
Add a product block into an email
- Open the email where you want to insert a product block.
- Drag a product block into your email.
- Choose a product block type:
- Dynamic product blocks show products based on business trends (e.g., best sellers in the last 90 days) or customized to each recipient based on what Klaviyo predicts they will be most interested in. Learn how to create a dynamic product feed below.
- Static product blocks show a set list of items that you select.
- Fill out the additional fields that appear based on your selection.
- Click Done to save your product block.
- After completing steps 1-3 in the section above, choose Dynamic as your product feed type.
- Click Create Product Feed.
- Create a descriptive name for your product feed, like RECENTLY_VIEWED_PRODUCTS. Note that spaces (and other special characters) are not permitted in product feed names.
- Set the criteria for your product feed. You can choose to show products based on overall performance (e.g., best-selling products) or recipient behavior (e.g., recently viewed items). Learn more about product feed settings.
- Click Create Product Feed.
- Continue with the final steps in the section above.
To edit a product feed after you’ve created it, navigate to Content > Products > Manage Product Feeds. Then, select your feed and edit it.
This option is great for automated email flows, as it reduces the need to edit your messages frequently. With product feeds, you can curate the right items to feature based on your feed's definition, so your most popular and trending items will be included in your flow emails even as trends shift.
For Magento and Shopify stores, if a product goes out of stock, we'll hide it from your catalog so it won't appear in any feed.
When you choose a feed and save all your settings, you will still see placeholder items in your template. If you are editing your template as a draft campaign or within a flow, you can preview your email in Klaviyo to see the feed populate with real items from your catalog.
For different email campaigns, you may want to hand-pick the right products to feature in a given template. With the Static option, you can browse your entire product catalog and pick up to nine items to feature in your template.
If you manually select products in a flow message, the item details will not update dynamically, even if you make edits to the product details on your site. If you would like the products to update dynamically, first create a feed containing those items, then use the Dynamic option to display them.
When you’ve selected one or more items, click Add Products.
If you use custom descriptions, we recommend keeping each description under 120 characters. Keep your descriptions for each item a similar length to avoid alignment issues with this block in your email.
After you select one or more products to feature, you may want to re-arrange how the items appear in your template. Drag the items in the product block settings to reorder them.