You will learn
Learn how to enable SMS and, for those with subscribers in the UK and Australia, set up your branded sender ID.
Before you begin
You must turn on SMS before you can do any of the following:
- Collect SMS subscribers
- Import SMS contacts
- Send SMS or MMS messages
If you have contacts in the UK or Australia, you will also need to set up a sending number (e.g., a branded sender ID) to collect or send to people in these countries.
- Click on the name of your organization in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Account from the dropdown
- Navigate to Settings > SMS
- Click Set up SMS for free
- Click Continue
Create your branded sender IDs (UK and AUS)
Branded sender IDs are the only way to send to people in Australia. They are free with your Klaviyo SMS plan and can be branded. However, you need to create your ID yourself.
Requirements for a branded sender ID
Branded sender IDs must:
- Be between 3-11 characters
- Contain at least one letter
- Not have any special characters (e.g., ~, &, etc.)
Create your sender ID
- Navigate to Account > Settings > SMS
- Go to the Sending Numbers section
- Click the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of the branded ID
- Choose Edit
- In the resulting modal, add your sender ID
- Click Save
You'll now be able to gather and send to SMS subscribers in the UK and Australia.