You will learn
Learn about the different robust Klaviyo reporting tools available in your account. Klaviyo is built to help your business grow and strengthen your relationships with your audience by putting data to work. Segmentation and automation tools allow you to personalize and target your communication efforts across channels to boost engagement and drive business growth. However, in order to understand how well your business strategies and marketing efforts are working, you need proper reporting to measure and analyze performance trends over time.
Klaviyo offers a full suite of reporting tools to help you understand this. Through our native reporting tools, you can leverage a wide variety of data points to measure performance, figure out what is and isn’t working, and discover opportunities for improvement.
Before you begin
Note that only owners, admins, managers, and analysts in Klaviyo have access to reporting tools. Campaign coordinators and content creators have no access to metrics and reports. For more information on user permissions throughout Klaviyo, head to our guide on User Management and Privileges.
Feature specific reports
When you grow a subscriber list, send campaigns, and have automations running, Klaviyo offers both high-level and detailed reporting tools to help you understand how these strategic efforts do over time.
Feature-specific reports help you granularly understand the performance of specific Klaviyo tools, such as flows, campaigns, signup forms, etc. Below is a brief overview of each of these tools and where to find them.
Jump to the following sections to learn about what is available for Campaign reporting:
List view page
1. Navigate to your account's Campaigns tab and you'll see a list of all the campaigns you've created and sent.
2. For sent campaigns, open and click rates are accessible right on this landing page.
3. The far-right column displays data around an adjustable conversion metric (e.g., Placed Order) which you can update by clicking the icon to the right and selecting a new metric of your choice.
Campaign overview report
The Campaign overview report provides insight into how individual campaign sends perform so you can easily monitor deliverability and conversion metrics.
1. Click into a specific sent campaign and you will arrive at the overview page. Here, you can see an overview of performance, recipient or link activity, conversions, advanced reports, or live performance.
With the release of iOS15, macOS Monterey, iPadOS 15, and WatchOS 8, Apple Mail Privacy Protection (MPP) changed the way that we receive open rate data on your emails by prefetching our tracking pixel. With this change, it’s important to understand that open rates will be inflated.
To see if your opens are affected, we suggest creating a custom report that includes an MPP property. You can also identify these opens in your individual subscriber segments.
The trends report tracks overall email campaign performance over time in a series of graphs that focus on clicks, opens, and overall recipients.
1. To find Klaviyo’s Email Campaigns Trend Report, navigate to the Campaigns > Options > View Email Trends.
Learn more about the email campaign trends report.
1. In your main campaigns list view, click the Options dropdown in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Select Export Analytics to download campaign data in CSV format. You can then save this for your records and further analyze your performance.
3. When you export, you will be prompted to adjust the time range of the export (or All Sent Campaigns), the tag you'd like included (or All Tags), and whether to include all email variations of A/B tests in your export.
Your campaign analytics export will contain information about your campaign (e.g., campaign name, ID, send date/time, deliverability and conversion metrics, etc.) in organized columns.
4. You can access exports from the last 30 days by navigating to Account > Downloads.
Smart Send Time report
In the Smart Send Time report, you can analyze data from the campaigns that you sent using Smart Send Time.
1. To find this report, navigate to Campaigns > Options > View Smart Send Time Report.
Here, you can view your Smart Send Time activity, which shows when you sent an exploratory or focused campaign, if the focused time has changed, and more. There are three graphs that show:
- Open Rate per hour
- Open Rate and Placed Order Rate per hour
- Expected Open Rate lift
Lists & segments
Jump to the following sections to learn about what is available for List & segment reporting:
- Engagement reports for lists and segments
- List growth report
- List & segments exports
- Lists & segments dashboard
Engagement reports for lists & segments
Engagement reports for lists and segments break down how engaged a group of profiles is, making it easy for you to understand the quality of the lists and segments you're sending to.
For more information, as well as how to access these reports, head to engagement reports for Lists & Segments.
List growth report
For every list, you can access a growth report to see its growth over time. This report helps you understand your profile acquisition and attrition for each list in your account. In this report, you can see the sources from which profiles come in or out of your account to ensure that your marketing dollars are directed toward the most valuable acquisition methods.
To find this report, click into a given list and select Reports > Growth Report.
List & segment exports
Users with Owner or Admin privileges can export list and segment data to a CSV file from the Lists & Segments tab of your account.
1. Click into the list or segment of your choice.
2. Select the Manage List dropdown.
3. Choose Export List to CSV.
You will then choose to include specific properties that will be included in the CSV data. Note that, the more content in your CSV, the longer it will take to download.
You can access exports from the last 30 days by navigating to the Account > Downloads.
Lists & segments main dashboard
The lists & segments main dashboard displays the lists and segments that you mark as most important in your account. Below the list or segment name is the date and timestamp of its creation, and to the right is information around the members it holds.
1. To access the Lists & Segments Dashboard click Dashboard > Lists & Segments.
Jump to the following sections to learn about what is available for flow reporting:
Flow list view page
1. Navigate to your account's Flows tab.
2. Here you'll see a list of all the flows you've created, the option to edit/create a flow or export analytics, and your flow status: Live (green) Manual (yellow) or Draft (gray).
3. For sent campaigns, open and click rates are accessible right on this landing page.
4. The far-right column displays data around an adjustable conversion metric (e.g., Placed Order) which you can update by clicking the icon to the right and selecting a new metric of your choice.
Flow builder analytics
There are two ways to see analytics directly in the flow builder:
- The 30-Day analytics snapshot
When you click on any message card, in the left-hand sidebar, you will see a snapshot of analytics from the last 30 days. Here, you will see information around flow messages waiting to send, any messages that need review, deliverability metrics, and attributed revenue and conversion.
To get to the flow message overview report discussed below, click View all Analytics in the upper right of this analytics snapshot.
- “Show Analytics” on the visual canvas
In order to understand how a flow performs overall, you'll want to view channel performance across your whole series of messages. To do so, click Show Analytics on the top header menu of the visual canvas itself.
You will then see the analytics associated with each individual message in your flow. The data appears within the message cards themselves, showing analytics around deliverability and conversions.
You can adjust the time range of data you would like to see in the date dropdown menu next to Hide Analytics on the top header menu.
Flow overview report
The flow overview report allows you to gain a better understanding of how your flow messages perform over time.
1. To navigate to this report, click View Analytics in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
2. Then, select View all Analytics in the left side panel under Analytics to go to your overview report. Here, you can see a performance overview, recipient and link activity, as well as advanced reports.
For more information, see our article on understanding flow analytics.
1. To export analytics for a flow, navigate to the Flows tab.
2. Click Export Analytics in the top right corner. A modal will appear with the following export options:
- Alter the time range of your analytics
- Include flows that use a specific tag
- Aggregate analytics by day, week, or month
- Include all email variations of an A/B test
3. If you want to export the analytics for a single flow, create a new tag, then tag the flow and export the analytics for that tag.
Jump to the following sections to learn about what is available for signup form reporting:
Signup forms list view
In the signup forms tab, you can view analytics for how browsers interact with your form content over time.
1. Click into Signup Forms. Here, you will see a list of all the forms in your account. You will also see the list that each form submits to and the Submitted Form and Form Submit Rate metrics from the last 30 days.
2. If you click into a form in Draft mode that was never published, you will be taken directly to the signup form builder.
3. If you click into a form in Editing or Live mode, you will be taken to the signup form overview report.
Signup forms overview report
The signup form overview report breaks down form performance over time with information around the form name, status, type, views, submits, etc. You can toggle between the Overview, Advanced Reports (to get more granular data and filter by device type), and A/B Test Results (to gain insight from an A/B test) to get a comprehensive view of how your form is performing.
For information on A/B testing forms, head to A/B testing a signup form.
1. To get here, click the Signup Forms tab and select the form you want to review. Your overview page will launch and you can customize the timeframe of your report results.
Cross-Channel performance reports
Jump to the following sections on cross-channel reporting tools:
Klaviyo benchmarks let you analyze and compare your data in relation to industry trends and companies similar to your own. As a result, you can take note of where you excel and what areas of your business and marketing initiatives need improvement.
1. Review your benchmarks by navigating to Analytics > Benchmarks.
2. Select any of the following four pages to analyze your data in relation to other companies.
Displays your five best and worst performing metrics to get a big-picture idea of how your business is doing overall.
- Business performance
Shows your key performance indicators pertaining to business health so that you can monitor trends and focus on areas that need improvement.
- Email campaigns
Provides a breakdown of key performance indicators that specifically relate to email marketing and deliverability.
- SMS campaigns
Provides a breakdown of key performance indicators that specifically relate to SMS marketing and deliverability.
Hones in on your flow data to showcase performance over time of individual flows and in relation to other companies similar to your own.
Each of these pages include tables that outline performance indicators alongside your current value, status, percentile, and more. Additionally, all pages include graphs and line charts to help you visualize data over time. The example below shows what the business performance page may look like displayed as a graph visualization.
Act upon these newfound insights to help your business grow. For information on how to improve your performance, head to our strategy guide on improving benchmarks for your business.
1. To get to the performance dashboard navigate to Dashboard > Performance. This dashboard provides a detailed overview of how your different communication channels perform as well as suggestions for areas of improvement.
2. You can customize the timeframe of your view and the conversion metric you'd like to analyze. Once you select your time and conversion metric configurations, your data will populate in three main sections:
- A high-level snapshot of your overall performance across channels
- A snapshot of flow performance
- A snapshot of campaign performance
1. To access your activity feed, click Dashboard > Activity Feed. Here, you will see your most recent customer and subscriber activity in one place, sorted in order of recency.
2. You can filter by a specific metric if you wish to hone your analysis to one area within Klaviyo. Moreover, you can see additional details around each activity within your feed. Click Details listed below the profile and activity information to expand additional information around this event. Conversely, to hide details, click Collapse.
When trying to answer broader questions about how your business is doing or how certain marketing efforts perform, you will want to build custom reports inside Klaviyo. In the Analytics tab of your account, you will find information around all of the metrics that sync into your account as well as have the ability to build custom reports and analyze benchmarks.
1. To build a custom report, navigate to Analytics > Custom Reports.
2. Then, click Create Custom Report.
3. Under Report Type, you will see 5 different pre-built starting points.
Each of these starting points support custom configurations and are designed to make it fast and easy to create a tailored report that meets your specific analytics needs. These reports include:
- Single metric deep dive report
- Multi-metric report
- Flows performance report
- Campaign performance report
- Product performance report
Single metric deep dive report
The single metric deep dive report supports slicing and dicing metric data to either gain a broad overview of metric activity or understand trends by key event or profile properties. This report provides a full table view and export of a single metric’s data for any metric in your Klaviyo account. Customize your report with flexible time ranges and make it more granular by incorporating event and profile property groupings and filters into your analysis.
In the following example, this report will show how the Placed Order metric changes each month of the last 365 days and the data will be grouped by Collection. This will give you an idea of how seasonal collections perform for a given metric.
For more information on how to use this report, head to our guide on the single metric deep dive report.
Use the multi-metric report to examine all of your core business metrics at once. This report enables cross-functional business and marketing performance analysis by letting you dive into multiple metrics. Expand on your analysis by customizing the report with time ranges and profile property filters and groupings.
In the following example, this report will show how the Placed Order metric compares to Viewed Product this week to see how often site browsers are converting.
For more information on how to use this report, head to our guide to the multi-metric report.
Campaign performance report
Use the campaign performance report to go deep into campaign-specific engagement and conversion trends. Klaviyo provides a pre-made report that includes standard email metrics neatly grouped by campaign name. Take this starting point and tailor it to your needs by adding or removing metrics as you see fit and focusing your analysis using tags and time range filters.
In the following example, this report will show how Placed Order conversions and an assortment of campaign metrics change over the course of a year; the data will be grouped by Campaign.
For more information on how to use this report, head to our guide to the campaign performance report.
Flows performance report
Use the flows performance report to dig into flow-specific engagement and conversion trends. Like the campaign performance report, Klaviyo saves you time by providing a pre-made report that includes the standard metrics you need to get started. Focus on overall flow performance or go granular on individual messages and variations. Customize the report to better suit your business needs by editing the metrics and filtering on tags and time range.
In the following example, this report will show what all Placed Order conversions and flow metrics amount to in 2020.
For more information on how to use this report, head to our guide to the flows performance report.
Product performance report
Use the product performance report to analyze product performance across key funnel metrics like browse, checkout, and purchase. Klaviyo helps you get started by providing a pre-built report. Customize it to your needs by honing in on individual products or focusing on high-level trends among collections and categories.
In the following example, this report will show all Ordered Product metrics, grouped by Product Name, to identify your best selling products each month.
For more information on how to use this report, head to our guide to the product performance report.