Understanding the metrics pulled into Klaviyo from your recipients’ interaction with your SMS messages is crucial to gaining insight into how your marketing is performing.
- Received SMS
When Klaviyo has recorded that your recipient has received an SMS
- Clicked SMS
When a recipient clicks on a link within an SMS message
- Consented to Receive SMS
When a recipient confirms that they want to receive your messages
- Sent SMS
When someone texted your destination number to subscribe.
- Unsubscribed from SMS
When a recipient texts STOP and unsubscribes from your SMS messages
- Failed to Deliver SMS
When a message is sent but not delivered to the recipient. There are a few reasons why this may happen.
- Device Disconnected means that the device is no longer in service.
- Device Unreachable means that the device is not in a service area, not accepting messages, or the device is off.
- Carrier Violation means that the phone carrier filtered the message out.
- Message Blocked means that Klaviyo's system blocked the message from going to the recipient.
- Device Incapable of Receiving SMS means that the number is a landline or cannot receive SMS.
If you're having trouble sending your SMS messages, reach out to support.
- Review Flow Analytics
- Analyzing SMS Data
- Getting Started with SMS
- SMS Settings
- How to Create Positive Experiences with Transactional SMS