You will learn
Learn how to use Klaviyo to send push notifications via your iOS app. Push notifications can be sent through campaigns and flows.
Emojis, variables, and tags can be added to push messages to personalize them, just like in SMS and emails.
Before you begin
Before you can send push notifications, note that:
- You have to set up push notifications in your Klaviyo account.
- Only app users that consent to notifications will be able to receive push notifications from you. When an app user opts in to receive notifications, they will get a push token that will allow you to target them with notifications through both campaigns and flows in Klaviyo.
Note that push notifications use the same conversion window as your emails.
Send push notifications in campaigns
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- Click Create Campaign > Push Notification.
- Name the campaign and choose the list(s) or segment(s) to send to.
Note: only subscribers who have downloaded your iOS app will receive the push notification, so not every person in a list or segment will see the message.
- Configure the following:
The text that will appear on the iOS device's lock screen. Every message has a 255-character limit.
Choose if you would like subscribers to hear a sound when they receive the push notification.
Once you've crafted your message, you can either save your push notification or send it immediately.
Push notifications in flows
Sending push notifications in flows allows you to complement your email or SMS strategy. For example, you may want to send abandoned cart push notifications in addition to email reminders. You can even split your flows based on push-specific details, like whether you have collected a recipient’s push token, making it easy to split your customer journey into distinct push, SMS, and email paths.
To utilize this feature:
- Navigate to the Flows tab.
- Either create a new flow or edit an existing one.
- Drag the push notification action into your flow.
- Configure your flow push notification content just as you would a campaign push notification.
- Optional: edit the push notification component settings:
- Smart Sending
Choose whether you would like to enable/disable Smart Sending.
- Notification Sound
Choose if you would like your notification to make a noise when a subscriber receives it.
- Additional Filters
If you would only like certain people to receive a push notification, you can edit the additional filters to further hone your audience.
- Smart Sending
- Once you're finished configuring your push notification, set it live.