The Email Campaigns Trend Report allows you to track how your campaigns are performing in the aggregate. This means you can get a big-picture view of how your clicks, open rates, and recipients change over time. In this article, we go over how to find this report as well as what is included.
Locating the Email Campaigns Trend Report
You can find Klaviyo’s Email Campaigns Trend Report by navigating to the Campaigns tab and clicking Options > View Email Trends.
Metrics Included in the Report
These are the metrics you’ll see in the report for each campaign:
- Total Sends: the number of recipients you’ve sent to
- Opens: the raw number of opens for a campaign
- Open Rate: the total number of opens divided by the number of delivered emails
- Clicks: the total number of clicks you’ve received for a campaign
- Click Rate: the total number of clicks divided by the number of delivered emails
- Spam Rate: the total number of spam complaints divided by the total number of delivered emails
- Bounce Rate: the total number of bounced emails divided by the total number of delivered emails
- Conversion Rate (Revenue or Placed Order Rate): the number of conversions attributed to a campaign divided by the number of recipients, as long as you’re not using a custom integration that doesn’t have a placed order event
- Conversion Value (Revenue or Placed Order Value): the number of conversions attributed to a campaign, as long as you’re not using a custom integration that doesn’t have a placed order event
You can filter the report based on a list or segment, email domain (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.), and the number of campaigns (last 5, 20, or 50 campaigns).
List filtering allows you to track the progress of a specific list or segment. For example, you may want to compare a segment of recent purchasers to your main subscriber list. This filter is designed to make it easy to compare the performance of lists or segments that you send to regularly.
Analyzing trends by email domain will give you a sense of which domain your most active subscribers are using.
Lastly, you can look at how your past 5, 20, or 50 campaigns have performed. Please note that this metric is the number of campaigns, not days.
You can also click Open Rate, Click Rate, etc. to show or hide graphs.
Open and Click Rates
Open, click, and conversion rates are graphed separately, which allows you to view them alone or in relation to one another. When you hover over a point on the Open and Click Rates graph, you’ll see the total number of recipients, open rate, click rate, and conversion rate for a particular campaign. You’ll also see the send date and time.
You can use this chart to see how differences in your campaigns impact open, click, and conversion rates. For example:
- Test sending on certain days of the week — e.g., do campaigns sent on Mondays have higher open rates than those sent on Wednesdays?
- Test subject line or email content — e.g., do certain types of emails have higher open or click rates than others?
- See how a specific email domain is performing over time — e.g., are Gmail open rates going up? Does this differ from Yahoo open rates?
- Analyze and compare the performance of specific lists — e.g., are newsletters sent to a weekly recipient list more successful than a daily one?
- Test send times — e.g., do campaigns sent in the morning have higher open rates than those sent in the afternoon?
Total Opens, Clicks, and Recipients
When you hover over a point on the Total Opens, Clicks, and Recipients graph, you will see the total number of recipients, opens, clicks, and conversion value. Total recipients are on the right axis, while total opens, clicks, and conversions are on the left axis. You will also see the send date and time, along with the list or segment the campaign was sent to if your list is filtered to All. This view allows you to see how your list is growing over time, as well as how your open, click, and conversion rates are changing.
- See how open, click, and conversion numbers grow with your list size
- See which campaigns are the most lucrative by looking at your conversion value
Spam and Bounce Rates
When you hover over a point on the Spam and Bounce Rates graph, you will see the total number of recipients, the spam complaint rate, and the bounce rate. The axis on the left corresponds with the bounce rate, while the axis on the right corresponds with the spam rate. These numbers should be very low and will give you insight into the quality of your list. Your spam rate should be lower than 0.1% and your bounce rate should be lower than 2%.
You’ll also see the date and time the campaign was sent.
- View this report on a per-list basis to see which lists may need cleaning
- Identify problematic campaigns and reassess the content you’re sending
Learn more about understanding your Klaviyo data in Getting Started with Reporting.
Check out this article on improving low open rates.