You Will Learn
Learn how to configure your account using the Klaviyo setup wizard. This guide provides a brief overview of each step to assist you through the quick setup process.
Once you log in again, you will advance to the next step to finish the setup process.
Connect Your Ecommerce Platform
Whether you are coming from an ecommerce app store (i.e., Shopify or BigCommerce) or directly signing up with Klaviyo, we will first try to detect your particular ecommerce platform.
Read on to learn how to connect your Shopify or BigCommerce integration or other ecommerce platforms.
Connect a Shopify or BigCommerce Store
Via Their App Stores
1. After a few seconds if we have properly detected your ecommerce platform, you will be asked to input your sender information as the first step.
Via Direct Signup to Klaviyo
1. As shown in the example below, if we are successfully able to detect your integration, you will need to enter the URL of your store.
2. Then click Continue to progress to the next step.
If the wrong integration is detected, click the Not Using link below the URL field. From here, you will be taken to a separate step to manually connect your correct ecommerce platform.
If you do not want to connect your ecommerce platform at this time, click the I’ll do this later link to be taken to the next step. Note that you can connect your Shopify or BigCommerce integration later on.
Connect Other Ecommerce Integrations
If you are using an ecommerce integration other than Shopify or BigCommerce, or we are unable to detect your integration, you will need to manually set up this connection.
1. Once you arrive on the Select your business platform screen, click on your ecommerce platform to start the connection process.
If you do not use any of these integrations or do not wish to set up your connection with your ecommerce store at this time, click the I don’t use any of these link. Note that you can connect your ecommerce store at a later point.
Provide Your List Size
If you have manually set up your ecommerce integration or have not chosen one during the setup wizard process, you will be directed to choose your subscriber list size. By doing this step, we can help ensure that your account configuration is tailored to your specific needs. 1. On the How many contacts do you have? screen, choose from one of the options as shown below. If you are unsure of how many subscribers you have, we suggest reviewing your ecommerce platform or prior email sending platform, for this information.
Add Your Business Address
If you have manually set up your ecommerce integration or have not chosen one during the setup wizard process, you will be directed to add your business address information. You will need to add this information before you can progress ahead.
1. Update all applicable fields for your address information, click Continue.
Add Your Sending Information
Your sender information is the name and email address that will appear in your subscribers’ inboxes from your brand. This information is important to how subscribers recognize your brand and how different inbox providers (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo) recognize you.
1. Input your sender information including from name and email address.
2. Click Continue to progress in the setup process.
Note that if your ecommerce store has been successfully connected, you will also see this appear as a green message in the upper right corner of this page.
Choose Your Business Goal
In the next step of the setup process, choose the business goal that most aligns with what you would like to achieve with Klaviyo. By doing so, this will allow us to better personalize your experience inside the platform. Note that you can always adjust your business goals later in your Klaviyo account.
1. Click on the business goal that most aligns to your needs. These business goals include growing your audience, building customer relationships, earning more revenue, or just exploring the Klaviyo platform for now.
The final step to configure your Klaviyo account is verifying your email address. This is crucial since your email address will be your main source of communication with Klaviyo and is stored within your account.
1. Check the inbox associated with the email address you gave us to find this verification email.
You should see an email from Klaviyo with a link that signals to confirm your email address.
2. Click Confirm Email to validate your email address.
The email address verification link expires after 72 hours. If you click this button after that time, you will be sent to an error page (if you are logged out of your account) or to the email confirmation page again (if you are logged in). You will need to resend another email to your inbox.
Edit or Resend Account Email Address
If you did not receive the email from Klaviyo, it is likely that you typed in the wrong email. You may want to also check your spam folder to ensure that the email did not get categorized as spam.
1. To update your email, navigate back to your account, and expand the Didn’t receive an email? section on the Check your email screen.
2. Click Update Email and input your corrected email address.
3. Once you update your email, you should receive a confirmation email.
You can also choose to receive a new email by clicking Resend confirmation email. If you are still not seeing the confirmation email and the email address is correct, make sure to check your promotion and spam folders.
4. Navigate back to your email provider and find the confirmation email. If you are struggling to confirm your email address, please contact our Support Team for further assistance.
5. Once you've configured your setup and confirmed your email in the setup wizard, you're all set to start using Klaviyo.
Add Web and Viewed Product Tracking
Some integrations require adding code snippets to your store so that you can track people's activity on your website.
These code snippets include an ID unique to your Klaviyo account. You can find more information on how to set up these tracking mechanisms in our Guide to Klaviyo Web Tracking.
Web Tracking and Forms
Web tracking corresponds to the Active on Site metric, which allows you to track when people are browsing your site.
This snippet allows you to publish signup forms to your site automatically. Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Magento will walk you through steps to add this. However, all other integrations require you to add this manually.
Viewed Product Tracking
Viewed product tracking corresponds to the Viewed Product metric, which allows you to track which items people are looking at on your site. Magento 1 and 2 as well as WooCommerce will automatically add this for you. However, all other integrations require you to add this manually.
The viewed product code snippets include an ID unique to your Klaviyo account. You can find more information on how to set up these tracking mechanisms in our Guide to Klaviyo Web Tracking.
You have successfully setup and, if applicable, connected your ecommerce platform. You will now be able to use Klaviyo to engage with your customers.