You will learn
Learn the criteria for an inactive segment as well as how to reactivate one. Inactive segments are any segments that you have not used in the last 3 months. These segments are automatically moved to your Inactive Segments tab. Once a segment has been marked as inactive, you will no longer see it available for campaigns, flow triggers and filters, exporting, or signup forms.
Criteria for an inactive segment
Any unused segment will automatically be moved to your Inactive Segments tab. If a segment meets all the criteria below for 3 consecutive months, it will be marked as inactive:
- Has not connected to any flows
- Has not been used in any campaigns
- Has not been changed or updated
- Has not been connected to any signup forms
- Has not been starred in your dashboard
- Has not been exported
Only Klaviyo can deactivate a segment. You cannot deactivate a segment manually.
Reactivate an inactive segment
To reactive an inactive segment:
- Navigate to your Lists & Segments tab
- Select Inactive Segments
- Find the segment you want to reactivate
- Click Reactivate
- Click Update Segment
The segment will then appear among your active lists and segments.