You will learn
Learn how to change the metric for flow and campaign conversions when analyzing results across your account.
Different marketing efforts have different calls-to-action (CTAs), and as a result, some messages may be revenue-driven while others are meant to drive a different type of conversion. When you send a campaign or set an automated flow live, Klaviyo automatically tracks attributions across all metrics in your account. This means you can easily see how your messages perform across different activities (e.g., placed orders, checkouts started, website activity, etc.).
In the Campaigns tab of your account, you will see a snapshot of how your most recent 10 campaigns performed. You will see the open and click rates for each campaign, and then you will be able to toggle the third column to see the conversion metric of your choice.
1. To adjust this metric, click on the toggle icon.
2. Select the metric you need.
3. Then, click Change Conversion Metric.
In the above example, the conversion metric is set to Placed Order which allows you to see the revenue conversions attributed to each campaign. This column header is a drop-down menu— when you click it, you'll see all the metrics tracked in your account.
4. To view the displayed conversion metric, click to view the performance overview page for an individual campaign. You will see the metric below the Opened section, as shown below.
5. If you click into this metric (e.g. Placed Order shown below), a drop-down menu will appear that prompts you to pick an alternative conversion metric.
1. To see flow conversions, toggle the conversion metric for a given flow email by hovering over the metric, as shown below.
2. Then click to reveal a metric dropdown. The metric you choose for a given flow email will populate across the overview reports for all flow emails and will alter the 30-day snapshot you see when looking at the full flow. You can change this conversion metric at any time.
Performance dashboard data
The Performance Dashboard is a great place to analyze the effectiveness of your owned marketing efforts. Here, you will see the performance of all live flows as well as stats from your most recent campaigns.
1. Toggle the conversion metric on the right-hand side of the screen to alter the view of this dashboard and center it around the conversion metric of your choosing.
Custom reports' data
Custom reports allow you to conduct an in-depth analysis of how your business performs over time with pre-built, customizable reports. There are two custom reports that focus specifically on campaigns and flows: the Campaign Performance Report and the Flows Performance Report.
1. To adjust the conversion metric in these reports, click into the dropdown under Conversion Metric.
2. Select the metric you want to focus on.
You can then decide how to analyze this conversion metric. With the exception of rates, all conversion metrics support two different dropdowns to customize your analysis:
- Total, Unique, or Value
You can report on the total number of instances of an event (TOTAL) or the unique number of profiles that performed that event (UNIQUE). If the metric you select has a monetary value associated with it (e.g., Placed Order), you can also report on the value of the events (VALUE).
- SUM or AVG
You can choose one of two aggregations: SUM or AVG. SUM shows you the total of all events for your selected metric. For example, if there are two Placed Order events within the timespan you select, both with a $15 value, the VALUE SUM will be $30 and the TOTAL SUM will be 2. AVG shows the average of events that occurred for your metric. For example, if there are two Placed Order events within the timespan you select, both with a value of $15, the average will be $15.