You will learn
Learn how to integrate Olark, a live chat provider, with Klaviyo in order to automatically sync chat activity to your Klaviyo account after a chat conversation ends. Klaviyo receives data from Olark via a webhook configured from within your Olark account. To enable the integration, you'll first get a webhook endpoint URL from Klaviyo, which you will add to your Olark account to complete the integration.
Get webhook endpoint from Klaviyo
- In your Klaviyo account, select your account name in the lower left and click Integrations.
- Select All Integrations, search for Olark, then click Add Integration.
- Click Allow Syncing with Olark to automatically import your Olark form leads into Klaviyo.
- Copy the provided webhook endpoint URL, and keep it secure, for use in the next section of this guide.
- If you would prefer to sync specific chats to Klaviyo, click Advanced Options to find the option to Only sync chats with visitors in specific Olark groups. Then, add the names of the groups you'd like to sync into Klaviyo separated by commas. You can take advantage of this feature when first getting started, or you can come back and adjust your integration settings later on.
- When you are done, click Update Olark Settings.
Set up webhook in Olark
- Log in to Olark and navigate to the Integrations page.
- Enter "Webhooks" into the search box at the top of the page and click on Webhooks when it appears.
- In the box under URL to post to, paste the webhook endpoint URL you previously copied from Klaviyo.
- You can choose to add any of the options under the webhook URL box if needed.
- Click Save.
- If the webhook connection was successful, you'll see a green box with the text Settings saved successfully! and the option to test your new connection.
- If the webhook connection was not successful, check the Olark Webhooks Integration Guide for more assistance.
- Click Send test Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> to make sure your endpoint is configured correctly. If the test is successful, you will see a green box with the a smiley face and the text Test sent.
Olark data in Klaviyo
When an Olark chat finishes, Klaviyo will automatically record who the chat was with and any custom properties you set on that chat. If a chat was anonymous, Klaviyo will not store any of the chat's data.
There is one Olark metric tracked in Klaviyo: Chatted on Website. You can view and filter all recorded Chatted on Website events in the Metrics tab in Klaviyo, found in the Analytics dropdown.
As a part of the Chatted on Website metric, Klaviyo automatically receives the following information about a customer (if available):
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
You can expand an event to see the “From” field, as well as the chat message. If there’s no location information available, Klaviyo will automatically use IP geolocation to determine where a customer is located. Klaviyo also records any custom properties you may have set for a customer.
You have integrated Olark with Klaviyo, and now new Olark chats will be tracked in Klaviyo in real-time.
- Understanding types of information exchanged between Klaviyo and apps
- Understanding how information is exchanged between Klaviyo and apps