You will learn
Learn how to manually remove SMS consent from a Klaviyo profile. For information on removing SMS consent for multiple profiles, please see our article on bulk unsubscribing SMS consent.
Only Owners, Admins, Managers, and Analysts can remove SMS consent in a profile.
Remove SMS consent
Removing SMS consent from a profile means you will no longer be able to send them text messages. Unless the profile resubscribes to SMS marketing (e.g., via a signup form), they will automatically be skipped for all future SMS.
To remove consent from a profile:
- Navigate to the Audience > Profiles tab or search by name or phone number.
- Click the recipient who you want to remove SMS consent for.
- On the right-hand side, locate Channels.
- Under the phone number, click Show consent details to show additional information.
- Click the Unsubscribe from SMS link next to Method.
- Click Unsubscribe from SMS to confirm you want to remove consent for SMS.
You will see a red X next to their phone number to indicate the profile is no longer consented to receive SMS marketing, as shown in the example below.
Going forward, you will not be able to text this profile unless they resubscribe to SMS.