You will learn
Learn how to export a CSV file of analytics for all or a specific set of flows. Exporting the analytics for a certain flow allows you to easily measure and review how successful a flow is. Further, you can analyze the data on message by message basis, examining how each SMS or email is performing. In this article, we run through how to export a flow's analytics.
Owners, Admins, and Analysts are able to export flow analytics. Learn more about user roles.
For revenue to appear in your analytics export, make sure to choose Placed Order as the conversion metric for your account. Learn how to change your account's conversion metric.
Export flow analytics
To export the analytics for a given flow:
- Navigate to the Flows tab of your account.
- Click Options dropdown at the top.
- Click Export Analytics.
When you click this option, a modal will appear with the following export options:
- Time Range: you can choose to export all flows that have been sent over all-time, or you can limit the time range of the export.
- Tag: if you are using tags to organize your flows, you can specify to only export flows that have a certain tag.
- Aggregate analytics by day, week, or month: when you check this box, a dropdown will allow you to choose whether you want to aggregate your flow email analytics on a daily, weekly, or monthly level.
- Include all email variations: if you're A/B testing any of your flow emails, this option allows you to view the analytics of each variation separately.
- If you want to export the analytics for a single flow, create a new tag, then tag the flow and export the analytics for that tag.
Information in the exported file
Note that timestamps in the CSV file are recorded in your account's configured timezone which can be found in your account settings.
The resulting CSV file will contain the following columns (in order):
- Flow ID
- Flow Name
- Flow Message ID
- Flow Message Name
- Flow Message Channel
- Unique Opens
- Open Rate
- Unique Clicks
- Click Rate
- Placed Order
- Placed Order Rate
- Revenue per Recipient
- Unsub Rate
- Complaint Rate
- Bounce Rate
The following additional columns will only appear if the option "Include all A/B email variations" is selected. Please note that messages that do not have an A/B test associated with them will contain "n/a" in these columns.
- A/B Test Name
- Variant Name
- A/B Test Dates
- Winning Variant
For exports that include A/B test variations, you may see multiple rows for the same message ID. Each row contains data for a different variation. The example below shows the data for a flow which had 2 separate A/B tests run for its first message. The first 2 rows are from the 2 variations of the first A/B test. The second 2 rows are the variations for its second test.
If a message was live and sending before an A/B test was created for it, you will see an additional row for the main message along with the rows for each variation.
Learn more about analytics and reporting: