Learn about the catalog tab in Klaviyo, and how to view catalog items and categories synced from your ecommerce platform or from a custom catalog.
What is the Catalog Tab?
To navigate to the Catalog tab, click Catalog in the left hand navigation.
Here, you can view Klaviyo catalog items and their categories that have synced from your ecommerce platform or from a custom catalog. If you navigate to the Catalog tab before you’ve set up your ecommerce integration, you'll see the following page.
In order to use the Catalog tab, you’ll need to either integrate your ecommerce platform or add a custom catalog.
- Click Set up an Integration to be brought to the Integrations tab, where you can integrate your ecommerce platform.
- Click Add a Custom Catalog to be brought to the custom sources page, where you can add a new custom catalog source. Make sure to consult our article on How to Sync a Custom Catalog Feed to Klaviyo before setting up a custom catalog.
If you’ve already set up your ecommerce platform, or custom catalog, the Catalog tab will show a list of items in your catalog.
What Can I Do in the Catalog Tab?
There are two tabs within the Catalog tab: Items and Categories.
In the Items tab, you’ll see the items in your catalog, with 25 items per page. Click Next and Previous at the bottom of the page to toggle between pages.
Use the search bar to search for an item by name or ID. You can also filter your catalog by the following:
- Status (such as Published or Not Published)
- Catalog source (if you have multiple catalogs)
- Category (which includes tags). Accounts integrated with one ecommerce platform (and without a custom catalog integration) will not have multiple catalog sources.
Next to each catalog item, you’ll see the item’s Status in Klaviyo, it’s Item ID, Added On date, and Last Update date. The source of the Item ID will be from your ecommerce platform or custom catalog.
The Status in Klaviyo of each item in your catalog is generally determined by whether an item is in stock or out of stock. Only published items will appear in Klaviyo’s products feeds. Klaviyo will mark the item as unpublished if it has zero inventory (or the inventory is untracked) and it is set in the source system to stop selling when out of stock. Shopify users should note that this does not correlate with the product Status field in Shopify, which has Active/Draft/Archived values.
Click on an individual catalog item to be brought to an item page where you can view more details about the item.
Click Categories to flip to the Categories tab. Here, you can search for a category or tag by name or ID, or filter by catalog source (if you have multiple catalog sources) by clicking into the dropdown labeled All catalogs.
Manage Custom Catalog Sources
If you have a custom catalog integration, click Manage Custom Catalog Sources to view your custom sources or add another custom source.