You will learn
Learn how to collect SMS consent at checkout on Shopify by updating your Shopify integration settings and then adding a consent checkbox in Shopify. One of the quickest and easiest ways to grow your SMS list is by collecting consent at checkout. With Klaviyo’s integration with Shopify, you can leverage this approach and reach a wider audience with your SMS marketing.
Before you begin
Before you begin gathering SMS consent at checkout, you need to:
- Set up SMS in Klaviyo.
- Integrate your Shopify store with Klaviyo.
In Klaviyo: update Your Shopify integration settings
The first step to collecting SMS consent at checkout with Shopify is changing your integration settings.
- Click your organization name in the bottom left.
- Open Integrations.
- Select Shopify from the list of enabled integrations.
- Under Collect Subscribers > Channels, select Collect SMS Subscribers.
- If you are also collecting email subscribers, assign a separate list to each channel, so that consent will get applied properly when subscribers sync into Klaviyo.
- Recommended: check the box labeled Sync customer SMS subscription status to Shopify to:
- Automatically backfill your SMS subscription data to Shopify.
- In the future, sync this data from Klaviyo to Shopify whenever a Shopify customer subscribes or unsubscribes from SMS.
- Click Update Settings, which will bring you to your Shopify store.
- Review the changes and click Update App.
In Shopify: Add SMS consent collection to checkout
The next step is adding SMS consent collection at checkout in Shopify.
- In your Shopify admin, click Settings at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- On the Settings page, click Checkout.
- In the Marketing Consent Show an option to subscribe at checkout for SMS marketing.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Your checkout page will now have a section similar to the one shown below.
Now, consent will now start syncing to Klaviyo when someone does all of the following steps:
- Enters their phone number.
- Selects the checkbox to accept SMS marketing.
- Clicks Continue to shipping.
If the list is set to double opt-in, which is strongly recommended, customers will have to confirm their subscription before SMS consent is added in Klaviyo. The only exception is when you're using a branded sender ID, which always uses a single opt-in approach since it can't receive messages.
The customer do not need to complete their order to have their consent synced to Klaviyo. Thus, you can more easily and quickly grow your SMS list.
If you already have SMS subscribers in Shopify, you can export them into a CSV file and then import them into Klaviyo.