You will learn
Learn how to sync customer information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, and email and SMS subscription statuses from Klaviyo to Shopify. You’ll make these changes from your Shopify integration settings page in Klaviyo. You can choose whether to sync updates for either all existing and new Klaviyo profiles, or only for Shopify known profiles.
Before you begin
If you have not already, read our article Getting started with Shopify for step-by-step instructions on integrating, before continuing with this article.
Keep in mind that once you configure these settings, the following fields will only sync if they were previously empty for an existing customer in Shopify: first name, last name, email, and phone number. The fields from Klaviyo that will overwrite pre-existing fields in Shopify are email subscription status and SMS subscription status.
We recommend syncing all profiles and all possible fields for greater data alignment between the platforms. Klaviyo data can be used to drive more value within Shopify, including via enhanced attribution reporting and business automation.
Sync fields from Klaviyo to Shopify
- In Klaviyo, click your account name in the lower left and select Integrations.
- Select Enabled Integrations and click on your Shopify integration.
- On your Shopify Integration Settings page, scroll to the section Sync data to Shopify.
- Check the setting Sync profiles and profile data from Klaviyo to Shopify.
- Choose whether to sync updates for either all Klaviyo profiles, or only for profiles that already exist in Shopify.
If you choose all profiles, Klaviyo will create new customers in Shopify for all profiles (existing and new) created in Klaviyo. This includes profiles synced from other Klaviyo integrations, or added through list imports, even if they have not interacted with your Shopify store.
- Next, you can choose which updates to sync to Shopify.
- Name, email address, and phone number
If you choose this option (and you choose to sync all profiles) a backfill of all in-scope profiles will occur after you integrate to ensure Klaviyo and Shopify are in sync.
- Email subscription status
Selecting this setting will not prompt a backfill of email subscription statuses.
- SMS subscription status (if you have SMS enabled)
If you choose this option (and you choose to sync all profiles) a backfill of all SMS subscription statuses and associated phone numbers will occur after you integrate to ensure Klaviyo and Shopify are in sync.
- Click Update Shopify Settings.
Once you've updated your settings, Klaviyo will begin syncing any necessary backfill to Shopify. When new changes are made to your specified profiles (after any initial backfill), these will be reflected in Shopify within 30 minutes of a change being made in Klaviyo, though most changes should reflect within a minute.
Shopify profiles will now be updated with Klaviyo data according to the settings you selected.