You will learn
Learn how to email a single recipient in Klaviyo. To learn how to send a message to a group of contacts all at once, head to Guide to creating and sending an email campaign.
Create a personal email
- Locate a recipient’s profile by searching for their name or email address in the Search for someone… field at the top of your Klaviyo window
- Click Messages in the top right corner of their profile
- Click Send Email
- Complete the message details (e.g., subject line and sender address)
- Choose a message type (drag and drop, text only, or HTML)
- Drag and drop is the most popular choice
If you're attempting to re-send a flow or campaign email, be sure to save the original email as a template. Then, select Use Template > My Templates and select your saved template. Please note that if you're using a flow template that contains dynamic event data (e.g., an abandoned cart block), this data will not populate in a personal email.
Do not send personal messages to profiles that are suppressed from marketing emails, or to SMS-only profiles. To send a personal SMS in Klaviyo, use SMS conversations.
Cancel a scheduled personal message
You can only cancel a personal message if it hasn’t been sent yet. Personal messages sent using the Send Now button and messages with a scheduled send time in the past cannot be canceled.
- From a profile’s Messages tab, navigate to the Scheduled/Draft section
- If your scheduled message does not appear in the Scheduled/Draft section, it has already been sent and cannot be canceled