You will learn
Learn how to request a United Kingdom (UK) long or short code in Klaviyo.
Not sure which number type is best for you? Check out this article that compares the different UK number types and their advantages.
Before you begin
Before changing from a branded sender ID (also called an alphanumeric sender ID) or another number, we recommend that you tell your SMS subscribers that you are getting a new number.
Also, for those who are currently using a brand ID with Klaviyo, any throughput you added to your brand ID will not transfer to a long code. You will need to re-apply to add throughput to your long code.
The short code process takes around 10–12 weeks. All short codes are vanity short codes, meaning you can request certain numbers.
Request a UK long code or short code
- Navigate to Account > Settings > SMS
- Go to the Sending Numbers section
- In the line for the United Kingdom, click the 3 vertical dots on the right-hand side
- Click either Activate or Change number
- In the modal, choose Dedicated Long Code or UK Short Code
- Click Next
- The following steps depend on the type of number you requested
- If you requested a long code, you can immediately start using that number
- If you requested a short code:
- Go to short-codes.com and pick out 3 available short codes
- Wait for a Klaviyo representative to reach out to you
- Click Exit
If you requested a long code, it will be available immediately. You can start adding it to your signup forms or email banners.
As for short codes, those must go through an approval process. This process typically takes 10–12 weeks. In the meantime, we recommend using a branded sender ID.