Shopify Flow Overview
Shopify Flow is an ecommerce automation platform that Shopify Plus stores can use to automate common tasks, such as:
- Tagging high-value customers
- Flagging and cancelling high-risk orders
- Sending reordering requests when your inventory levels become low
- Identifying and adding tags to products based on their title or SKU
Shopify Flow is an app offered by Shopify in their App Store and is for Shopify Plus stores only. You can access the app in Shopify's app store here.
For Shopify Plus merchants using Flow, there are a number of resources available for understanding what's possible with Flow, and workflows you can download and import into your store:
The Klaviyo Connector for Shopify Flow
Shopify Connectors is a feature that allows Shopify Plus stores to create app triggers and actions that third-party partners have built. Klaviyo is currently (as of July 2018) one of 12 partners that have built a Shopify Flows Connector.
The Klaviyo Connector supports one action:
- Track an event - This action sends data from your workflow to Klaviyo for it to track.
How the Klaviyo Connector Works
In a Shopify Flow, you can add actions into a workflow.
When in the Select an action menu, you can choose from Standard Actions developed by Shopify or additional actions developed by third-party apps. This is where you'll find the Klaviyo Connector if it's installed. The one action available in the Klaviyo Connector is Track and Event.
Once you choose this action, you'll need to fill out the following:
- Klaviyo Public API Key. Navigate to "Account > Settings > API Keys" inside your Klaviyo account to get your public API key.
- Event Name. Name of the event you want to track. This will appear on the customer profile's event timeline.
- Customer Email Address. Email of the person going through the Flow who's activity will be tracked in Klaviyo.
- Customer First Name. First name of the person going through the Flow who's activity will be tracked in Klaviyo.
- Customer Last Name. Last name of the person going through the Flow who's activity will be tracked in Klaviyo.
- Customer Last Name. Hash/dictionary of customer properties to be included in their Klaviyo profile as a custom field.
- Event Properties. Hash/dictionary of custom information about this event.
These events will be tracked in Klaviyo as "Shopify" events, meaning they will appear with the Shopify logo so it's easy to distinguish them as events created through Shopify Flow: