You will learn
Learn what to expect during Klaviyo’s transition to the new email editor. In the coming weeks, all customers will be fully transitioned to the new email editor, and the classic editor will be phased out.
Klaviyo’s classic and new email editors
The new editor has been available since October 2021. You have already used the new editor if you have:
- Created new templates, campaigns, or flows in your account since November 2022, when the new editor became the default for all accounts
- Manually switched existing classic editor templates or emails to the new editor by clicking Switch to New Editor within the classic editor
When classic editor templates will automatically switch to the new editor
Classic editor templates will automatically be opened in the new template editor in the situations below. You can still revert to the classic editor if needed.
Specifically, this will occur when you:
- Clone a classic editor template, campaign, flow, or flow email.
Any cloned templates or emails will open in the new editor, including all flow emails and variations contained within a single, cloned flow.
- Choose a classic editor template from the My Templates tab to use in a campaign or flow email.
When you select a classic editor template from your account’s saved templates to use in a campaign or flow email, that email will open in the new editor. The original template (i.e., the version found on the Templates page) will still use the classic editor.
- Click Save as Template from a campaign or flow email.
When you save a template from a campaign or flow email, the new version in your Templates page will use the new editor. The original version (i.e., the version in the campaign or flow you saved the message from) will continue to use the classic editor.
- Create an A/B test in a campaign or flow email.
When you create an A/B test in a campaign or flow email, the newly created variations will open in the new editor.
- Clone a variation in a campaign or flow email.
When you clone a classic editor variation in a campaign or flow email within an existing A/B test, the new variation will open in the new editor.
How to revert to the classic email editor
If you’d like to revert a template that was automatically opened in the new editor back to the classic editor, open the template and click Revert to the Classic Editor in the dropdown in the top-right corner.
The option to revert to the classic editor will be available for a limited time only. The classic editor will be completely phased out soon, and at that point all email templates will use the new template editor.