Using video is a great way to engage your subscribers. Email clients don't all support the ability to play video from the inbox, so we recommend the following options if you would like to feature video in your email.
Use a Static Image with a Play Button
This is by far the most common and recommended way to feature video in your emails. To do this, you will link an image to a hosted version of your video.
- Take a screenshot or create a static image of your video with the play button included.
- Navigate to Campaigns tab and select the campaign you would like to edit.
- Add an image block to the campaign content.
- Upload image and link to your hosted video.
- Preview email to verify that it looks and works the way you expected.
Add a GIF
Animated GIFs will work in emails as long as they are less than 5MB in size. You can upload a GIF just as you would upload a JPEG or PNG -- by dragging it into your email template. In some cases, you may want to link a shorter GIF out to hosted video content.