You will learn
Learn how to use Klaviyo’s AI-powered SMS assistant to streamline and improve the process of writing SMS campaign copy. Choose an auto-generated SMS message that’s customized based on your brand and message goals, or use them as inspiration when you draft your own.
Generate an SMS message
- Navigate to the Campaigns tab.
- Click Create Campaign.
- Select SMS.
- Complete the Recipients step and click Continue to Content.
- Click the lightbulb icon in the SMS Message Content field.
- Choose a campaign type (Promotion, Product announcement, Newsletter, Other).
- Fill out the additional fields using complete sentences and natural language (e.g., write as if you’re talking to a friend).
- Click Get ideas.
- Choose one of the generated SMS options, or click Get more ideas to generate additional options.
- Note that you can make edits to the generated copy after selecting it.
Tips for success
The Campaign details field works best with natural language (i.e., whole sentences). If you’re not sure what to write, consider copying the product or event description from your website, or write as if you’re describing the topic to a friend. Here are some sample descriptions for a product launch:
- The ultra-cushioned, ultra-comfortable, ultra-versatile trail running shoe.
- We created the trail running shoe of your dreams, so you can spend less time shopping and more time outside.
You can click Get more ideas as many times as you want, until you find a message you like. Consider making changes to the Campaign details field for more varied results, or use a generated SMS message in that field for others like it.
After completing these steps, you’ll have access to unlimited copy ideas to use in your next SMS campaign. To better understand which messages resonate with your audience, consider A/B testing a few options.