You will learn
Learn how to use your WooCommerce coupon codes in your Klaviyo emails to incentivize new signups, and encourage past customers to make another purchase from you.
Create a coupon in WooCommerce
You'll first need to enable coupons in WooCommerce if you haven't already.
- Log into your WooCommerce account.
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > General.
- Check the box to enable the use of coupons.
- Save your changes.
Next you'll need to create a coupon.
- In your WooCommerce account, navigate to Marketing > Coupons.
- Click Add coupon. Or, if you have not created one yet, click Create your first coupon.
- Name your coupon and add a description for your understanding.
- Enter your coupon data.
- If you have any usage restrictions or limits, enter them in the correlated tabs.
- Once you're finished editing, click Publish.
Use your coupon in an email or SMS message
After you make your coupon in WooCommerce, you can enter the static code into your emails as a text block. Add a border under the block styles tab to make it look like a cutout coupon.
The same can be done with SMS. Simply input the code into your SMS message just like you would with email.
Importing coupons in bulk to WooCommerce
Check out WooCommerce's docs to learn how to import coupons in bulk to WooCommerce via CSV file.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using static coupons:
- If you're worried about your coupon spreading to too many customers, control the expiration date, and send out another coupon when needed.
- Klaviyo doesn't manage any of the metadata about your coupons, including the code, expiration date, discount amount, etc. All of this information is managed inside of your WooCommerce store.
- If you're offering a coupon to a specific product, include a link to the product so your customers can easily click through your email to make a purchase.