You will learn
Learn how to use Klaviyo’s Viewed Product tracking to include a reminder of the items someone has recently viewed in your next email.
Before you begin
Before taking the following steps, make sure:
- You’ve synced your product catalog with Klaviyo. Most of Klaviyo’s ecommerce integrations (such as Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc.) sync your catalog automatically.
- You have Viewed Product tracking enabled.
Create a personalized product feed
To create a product feed that displays someone’s recently viewed products:
- From Klaviyo’s sidebar, click Content > Products.
- Click Manage Product Feeds.
- Click Create Product Feed.
- Name the product feed something descriptive, like RECENTLY_VIEWED_PRODUCTS.
- Note that spaces are not permitted in feed names.
Add viewed items to an email
Once you’ve created your product feed following the steps above, head to an email template. You can add recently viewed products to any email template (including those in campaigns and flows). Once you’ve opened the editor for the template you’d like to work with:
- Drag a Product block into your template.
- In the Content settings, make sure the feed is set to Dynamic, then choose the feed you created in the last section in the Product feed field.
- Modify the other options in the Styles tab to adjust how your viewed products appear, including how many products to display.
- When you’re finished, click Done and save your template.
When this message is sent, recipients will see the products they viewed most recently in the product block section of the email. If a recipient has a limited history of viewed products, they’ll see bestselling or most trending products, depending on the options selected in your feed settings.
Note that Klaviyo is only able to track viewed items for cookied users.