You will learn
Learn how to integrate Wufoo with Klaviyo in order to create automated flow messages, personalize campaigns, and segment your lists based on data from Wufoo. Wufoo allows you to quickly create surveys, invitations, and contact forms to collect the data you need from your customers. Klaviyo syncs the following data from Wufoo:
- When someone filled out a form
- The name of the form the user filled out
- Data collected from the form's fields
Before you begin
It is important to note the following before integrating with Wufoo:
- All forms must have a single field to collect a customer’s email address for Klaviyo to track form submissions. If there is no email field in the form, or if there are multiple email fields, Klaviyo may not sync the form results.
- Wufoo only supports the ability to pull in information from their forms if you have a paid subscription to their services. Make sure to resolve any issues in payment before attempting to sync with Klaviyo.
- Klaviyo cannot identify the Last Name field when you have the form configured as sub-fields. Instead, use one the following approaches to record your customer’s last names:
- Create a single Name field (to include a subscriber's first and last name): Klaviyo will automatically split on the first space to create a first and last name for the subscriber
- Create two separate fields: If you create a First Name field and a Last Name field, Klaviyo will sync both separately
Integrate Wufoo with Klaviyo
You'll need your Wufoo site URL and your Wufoo API key to integrate with Klaviyo
- Navigate to the Forms tab in Wufoo
- Click the three-button menu on the right-hand side of the form you’d like to connect to Klaviyo
- Select API information from the dropdown.
- Copy the API key from the API Information page.
This API key is a private API key. Treat private API keys like passwords - keep them in a safe place and never expose them to the public.
- Navigate to your Klaviyo account's Integrations tab and select All Integrations
- Search for Wufoo in the search bar and click Add Integration
- Enter your full store URL, including “.wufoo.com”, “.wufoo.co.uk”, “.wufoo.eu”, etc
- Enter the API key you copied earlier
- If needed, you can specify additional criteria by clicking Advanced Options and checking the boxes next to:
- Only sync specific forms: choose this if you only want to sync some of your Wufoo forms
- Specify forms that should include checkbox fields: if you have forms with checkboxes, make sure the data is imported into Klaviyo correctly with this option
- For both of the Advanced Options, you’ll need to provide a comma separated list of form hashes you would like to sync with Klaviyo; you can find a form's hash code on the Code page for that form
- You can also specify which Klaviyo list your Wufoo form data will sync to in this section by providing the Form Code and the six-digit Klaviyo list ID
- To find the form code, go back into the form’s API Information and copy the form Hash
- To find the Klaviyo list ID, go to the Lists & Segments tab in Klaviyo, click the list you’d like to add the Wufoo data to, and then click Settings
- Copy the list ID from the List ID & Name section
- Once you’ve added any specific integration settings you need, click Connect to Wufoo
Monitor the Wufoo sync
When you integrate with Wufoo, all available historic data will start syncing to Klaviyo within a few minutes. To check your integration:
- Navigate to Analytics > Metrics
- Filter by Wufoo
- Select the Filled Out Form metric and click on the Activity Feed to view the data as it syncs
- If your integration has begun syncing data, you will start to see Filled Out Form events, with the Wufoo icon, added to this activity feed
Klaviyo then syncs data from Wufoo once an hour going forward. Once your sync is complete, you'll see a green border around your Wufoo integration in the Integrations tab.
Currently, Klaviyo only syncs one metric from Wufoo: Filled Out Form.
This metric records all of the following information:
- Who filled out the form
- When this person filled it out
- The name of the form filled out
All data collected through the form's fields will be appended to each subscriber's profile in Klaviyo, under Custom Properties.
You’ve finished integrating Wufoo with Klaviyo and verified your synced data. Now, you can create automated flow messages, personalize campaigns, and segment your lists based on data synced from Wufoo. You can even create a series of welcome messages that are triggered when someone submits a form.