You will learn
Learn how to integrate Chargebee with Klaviyo in order to personalize and target messaging based on invoice and payment data from your customers. The following data is synced from Chargebee to Klaviyo:
- When an invoice is issued, and the items included in each invoice
- Payment information for when a user fails payment, is refunded, or successfully pays
Add the Chargebee integration
- In Klaviyo, select your account name in the lower left corner and click Integrations
- Select All Integrations, search for Chargebee, then click Add Integration
- On the settings page, enter only the site subdomain of your Chargebee URL in the Site input
- Enter your Chargebee API Key in the API Key input
- Click Connect to Chargebee
Monitor the Klaviyo sync and verify data
To check the data synced from your integration:
- Click the Analytics dropdown in Klaviyo and select Metrics
- Filter by Chargebee
- Look for Chargebee's Issued Invoice metric and click on the Activity Feed icon
- If your integration has started syncing data, you'll see Issued Invoice events added to this activity feed
Klaviyo imports all of your Chargebee data. To verify this, you can compare the number of successful payments on a particular day with what's in the Chargebee interface and confirm they match.
- In Klaviyo, navigate to Analytics > Metrics
- Find and click on the Successfully Paid metric to be brought to the metric chart page where you can view the last 30 days of data
- Mouse over the data points from the previous day or look in the table of data below the chart to see how many payments you had yesterday
- Compare that number to the data stored in Chargebee and you should see they match
Data synced from Chargebee
The following metrics are synced to Klaviyo from Chargebee:
- Activated Subscription
This metric records when a subscription has been moved from the "Trial" state to an "Active" state.
- Cancelled Subscription
This metric records when a subscription is cancelled. If the subscription is cancelled due to non-payment or because the card details are not present, the subscription will have the possible reason as 'cancel_reason'.
- Created Subscription
This metric records when a subscription is newly-created.
- Failed Payment
This metric records an event when a payment is marked as failed in Chargebee. With this metric, you can target customers who fail to make payments and let them know they have an overdue balance.
- Issued Invoice
This metric records an event every time an invoice is issued to your customers through Chargebee. This metric is useful for segmenting customers who have been issued an invoice but either have not paid or had a failed payment. It can also be used to trigger segments to notify customers of an upcoming payment.
- Refunded Payment
This metric records an event when you refund a payment through Chargebee.
- Successfully Paid
This metric records an event each time a customer successfully pays an invoice through Chargebee. These events will include data about your customer, their invoice, and the products in their invoice. This is useful for sending automated invoices to customers after they pay, or using email flows to determine when a customer has been active on your website but hasn't made any payments for your products or services. You can send those users emails offering discounts to make a purchase on your website.
In addition to the metrics Klaviyo syncs from Chargebee, if an email address exists in Chargebee and is not in Klaviyo, we will create a new Klaviyo profile for that person. This profile will include the following information:
- General Contact Details: First Name, Last Name, Company, Phone Number
- Custom Properties: Chargebee Card Status, Payment Type, and Payment Status
You've now integrated with Chargebee and reviewed the data that syncs from Chargebee to Klaviyo. You can now use your Chargebee data to personalize and targeting messaging based on invoice and payment data from your customers.