You will learn
Learn how to integrate with Shopware 6 in order to bring site activity, order, catalog, and subscriber data into Klaviyo.
Before you begin
Before integrating, make sure:
- You’ve logged in to the Klaviyo account you wish to integrate
- You are using Shopware version 6.4
Shopware 6 is not listed on the integrations tab in Klaviyo. Typically, integrations not listed in the tab are third-party integrations not supported by Klaviyo. The Shopware 6 integration is an exception: it is supported by Klaviyo through our partner Overdose Digital. If you need to contact support, see the section below on how to do so.
Purchase the free extension
- Head to Klaviyo’s extension on the Shopware store. Klaviyo’s extension is free; do not purchase one of the other extensions labeled as “Klaviyo.” These are not built by Klaviyo and charge for the extension.
- Click Add to shopping cart, then select Proceed to checkout.
- Log in to your Shopware store account (if you are not already logged in).
- Complete the checkout process.
Install the extension
- Log in to your Shopware admin for the store you wish to integrate.
- Click Extensions, then select My extensions. You should see Klaviyo under Apps.
- Click Install. The page will refresh.
- Toggle on the Klaviyo extension.
Configure the extension in Shopware
- In your Shopware store admin, navigate to Settings, and click the Extensions tab.
- Select Klaviyo. You will be brought to the Klaviyo extension settings page.
- Under Sales Channels, select the sales channel you wish to integrate with Klaviyo from the dropdown. Only integrate one sales channel with Klaviyo per Shopware store. You must also configure your settings for each sales channel individually.
- Under Interaction settings, select the cookie consent tool you’d like to use with this integration. The Klaviyo integration supports cookie consent through Shopware’s default tool (Shopware Default) and through CookieBot. If you wish to select CookieBot, you must already have it installed on your Shopware store. Note that visitors who do not accept Klaviyo cookies will not be tracked by Klaviyo, nor will they be able to view Klaviyo forms.
- If you do not use a cookie management tool (which already blocks Klaviyo’s script from loading) and want to speed up page load times, toggle on the setting Initialize Klaviyo After First Interaction With Page. This will enable the following behavior:
- After the client starts interacting with the page, the Klaviyo scripts will be initialized.
- On subsequent page transitions, the scripts will be initialized immediately.
- To continue, obtain your public and private API keys from Klaviyo. To do this, open a new tab and log in to the Klaviyo account you want to integrate with Shopware.
- Click your account name in the lower left and select Settings.
- Select API Keys.
- Click Create Private API Key. Give the key a name, then select Full Access Key and click Create. On the next page, click Copy Key.
- Paste the private API key into the corresponding setting within Shopware.
- Back in Klaviyo, click Done. Then, copy your public API key from the page.
- Paste the public API key in Shopware in the corresponding box.
- Next, pick a Klaviyo list for profiles who subscribe via a Shopware form to be added to.
- In Klaviyo, navigate to Audience > Lists & segments.
- Copy the name of the list you want to sync subscribers to (e.g., “Newsletter”).
- Paste the name of the list in the corresponding box in Shopware.
- Select an identifier to use for Back in Stock variant field mapping. You should use the identifier that matches the one you use in your catalog.
- Toggle on all the metrics you want to sync from Shopware to Klaviyo.
- If you choose to track Back in Stock, you can customize the text color and background of the Back in Stock pop-up opening button, pop-up close button, and subscribe button. Click the square, then use the selector to choose a color, or, if you have the hex color codes for your brand’s colors, paste it in the corresponding box.
- Under Snippet names, you’ll find a reference for how to refer to different Back in Stock components in HTML. You can choose to customize them within your site code.
- Custom Field Mapping: Here, you’ll see custom fields you’ve set up in Shopware (with the technical name in gray). Any field assigned to the Customer object can be synced to Klaviyo. To sync these custom fields to Klaviyo profiles, toggle the individual field to Active. Then, under Field Name, type the corresponding name you’d like the field to have in Klaviyo.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- To run a sync of historical events, click Synchronize historical events at the top of the page.
- To run a sync of existing subscribers, click Synchronize subscribers at the top of the page.
After you initially run these syncs manually, they will run automatically going forward. The subscriber and transactional event syncs run every 5 minutes. Onsite events (Active on Site, Viewed Product, and Started Checkout) sync in real-time.
Sync your catalog feed
To complete your integration with Klaviyo, you must generate a feed of your product catalog, then sync it to Klaviyo. To generate the feed:
- Log in to your Shopware store admin.
- Click + next to Sales Channels to add a new channel.
- Next to Product comparison, click Add Sales Channel.
- Under Template, choose Klaviyo XML.
- Give the channel a name, such as Klaviyo Export.
- Under Tax collection, select Line by line (horizontal) calculation.
- Under Storefront Sales Channel:
- Select the Storefront Sales Channel this catalog is for.
- Select the Storefront domain.
- Select the currency.
- Select the language.
- Select the Customer Group.
- Name the file (e.g., klaviyo.xml).
- Select the encoding UTF-8.
- Select the file format XML.
- Leave Export variants as discrete products toggled off.
- Select the interval: 1 day.
- Leave Generate via scheduler toggled off.
- Select your dynamic product group.
Data synced from Shopware
To learn all about the data synced from Shopware and how to access it in Klaviyo, read our Shopware data reference.
Klaviyo sign-up forms
You can add Klaviyo sign-up forms to your Shopware store in order to collect subscribers. Note that only site visitors who accept Klaviyo cookies will be able to see Klaviyo sign-up forms.
How to contact support
- The Klaviyo Shopware 6 integration is supported by Klaviyo through Overdose Digital. If you have questions about the integration and need support, you can contact integration-specific support by:
- Log in to the Shopware store.
- Under Merchant area, click Support.
- In the upper right, select Request Support.
- Select your shop from the dropdown and click Next step.
- Select Extension support and click Next step.
- Select Klaviyo: Email & SMS Marketing from the extension dropdown and click Next step.
- Fill out the form with the details of your support request, then click Next step.
- Click Send request.
- Your support request will appear on the support overview page.
You’ve integrated Shopware 6 with Klaviyo to bring site activity, order, catalog, and subscriber data into Klaviyo. You can now start using Klaviyo for your owned marketing needs.