Learn how to update your Klaviyo WooCommerce plugin to the latest version from an existing WooCommerce integration. Visit the WooCommerce integration guide if you need to enable your WooCommerce integration for the first time.
The WooCommerce integration syncs data to Klaviyo in real time.
Update the Klaviyo Plugin in WooCommerce
The Klaviyo plugin can be installed and updated directly from WooCommerce.
- In WooCommerce, click into the Plugins tab.
- Scroll down to locate the Klaviyo plugin you have installed.
- Click update now.
Legacy Settings Page
In some instances, particularly if outbound traffic is blocked on your network, the plugin’s webhook function may fail to reach Klaviyo. When this occurs, you will not see the settings page in Klaviyo update. The legacy settings page will continue to display with a banner alerting that the plugin is out-of-date.
To resolve this issue:
- Occasionally, the webhook will be delayed in reaching Klaviyo, temporarily causing you to see the legacy settings page. This should resolve itself after a few minutes.
- Check your network traffic and firewall settings to confirm that outbound traffic is not being blocked.
Deactivated or Removed Integration
Do not deactivate or remove your integration prior to upgrading your plugin. If you have deactivated or removed your integration and are unable to reinstall the latest plugin version, follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- In WooCommerce, deactivate the new plugin. This will clear your existing settings in WooCommerce and remove the integration from Klaviyo.
- Reactivate the new plugin to reset your state. You can now set up your integration in Klaviyo. Follow this guide to integrate WooCommerce with Klaviyo from a fresh plugin installation.
Future Plugin Updates
Future plugin updates can now be installed directly. When an update is available, you'll see an alert next to your Plugins tab.
- Click on the Plugins tab. Scroll down to find the Klaviyo plugin.
- If a new update is available, you’ll see an alert below the plugin details. Click update now.
Release Notes are bundled with each new plugin update. View the ChangeLog file included with each WooCommerce plugin update for details.
To find your WooCommerce Plugin Release Notes:
- select Plugins from your WooCommerce Admin page
- scroll down to find the Klaviyo plugin
- Click View Details
- select the Changelog tab