You will learn
Learn how to create a list-triggered flow that emails subscribers when they are newly added to a particular list. Some common examples of list-triggered flows include:
- Welcome series
- Registration follow-up
- Contest entry
Contacts can only receive a list-triggered flow once. For example, this means that if someone is added to your newsletter list and receives your welcome series, then removed and re-added for any reason, they will not receive the series again.
Configure a list-triggered flow
To create a list-triggered flow:
- Navigate to the Flow tab in Klaviyo.
- Click Create Flow in the top right.
- Click Create From Scratch in the top right.
- In the flow builder, select List from the Trigger Setup pane in the left-hand sidebar.
- Next, you will be prompted to select the list that will trigger the flow.
- Optionally, you can add flow filters to further refine who is added — for example, you may want to restrict your welcome series to people who have never purchased before. You can do this using flow filters.
Once you set a particular list to trigger the flow, you will not be able to change it to a different list. To do this, clone the flow and choose a different list to trigger the flow.
When creating a list-triggered flow with an existing list, only new contacts will be automatically scheduled to receive the flow. To schedule the flow for contacts already on your list, you will need to back-populate your flow.
How a list-triggered flow works
Whenever someone is added to the list you select, they will enter the flow. This includes people who join your list through a signup form, or any contacts you manually upload to your list. For a welcome series, for instance, you would select your newsletter list to ensure that everyone who signs up to hear from you receives an email sequence.
Contacts can only receive a list-triggered flow once. If someone is removed from a list and then re-added to that same list, they will not re-trigger the flow. For example, if someone unsubscribes from your newsletter list and then re-subscribes, they will not receive the welcome series again.
If someone is removed from a list before the end of the flow, they will stop receiving the email sequence.
Find out about other types of flows: