The following checklist is your roadmap to onboarding with Klaviyo. Use it to follow along with during or after one of our weekly onboarding sessions.
|Setting up my account|
|I signed up for a Klaviyo account||Sign up on Klaviyo's homepage|
|I walked through the setup wizard||Guide to the setup wizard|
|Bringing over my data|
|I integrated with my prior email service provider (if I already have a prior ESP)||Guide to migrating from another ESP|
|I uploaded my list of existing customers (if I already have a list)||Create list and upload your contacts|
|I integrated with my ecommerce platform (or other platform if I'm doing fundraising, etc.)||Find your platform on our list of ecommerce integrations|
|Understanding my customers|
|I created a segment of my most engaged customers||Create a segment of your most engaged customers|
|I created a segment of my least engaged customers so I can clean them out of my account||Clean your list of inactive or unenaged profiles|
|Sending my first email|
|I made a plan for who to send my first campaign to, then created a segment of those customers||Make a plan for who to send to|
|I designed an email in the drag and drop editor for my first campaign||Learn about our drag and drop editor|
|I set up and sent out my first campaign||Create and send your first campaign|
|Seting up and turning my flows live|
|I set up my Welcome Series flow, updated the content, and set the flow live||Create a Welcome Series flow|
|I set up my Abandoned Cart flow, updated the content, and set the flow live||Create and Abandoned Cart flow|
|Growing my list organically|
|I evaluated all of the current signup forms I have, and compared them to avaialble signup forms in Klaviyo||Understand your signup form options|
|I swapped out my old signup forms for Klaviyo forms, or, I connected my existing 3rd party signup form to a list in list in my Klaviyo account||Check out our signup form resources and our list of 3rd party landing page and growth tools|
|I checked out the Facebook Advertising integration and I understand how I can use Facebook Custom Audiences and Facebook Lead Ads||Check out the Facebook Advertising integration|
|Crunching through my numbers|
|I checked the analytics for my first campaign, and looked at the open rate, conversion rate, recipient activity, and other reports||Review your campaign analytics|
|One week after turning my flows live, I checked out the analytics for an individual flow email, and looked at the open rate, conversion rate, recipient activity, and other reports||Review your flow analytics|
You're ready to go! You've successfully onboarded with Klaviyo, but really, this is just the beginning. Here are some MORE resources for you're journey forward.
- Live Trainings - We hold Office Hours every week, where we cover a specific topic, walk through a quick demo, and then open it up to live Q&A. Signup, show up, learn, ask questions.
- 1on1 Email Design Consultation - If you're a on a paid plan, you can sign up with our email design expert for a 1on1 consultation.
- Contact Support - Our support team handles requests through email, and if you're on a paid plan, live chat. You can check out the details on how to contact our support team for when you get stuck.
- Level Up Your Industry Knowledge - Looking for new ideas or that next quick win? The Klaviyo Blog is always up to date with the latest ecommerce trends, benchmark reports, and other data-driven best practices to help you stay on top of the game.
- Advanced Training Materials - In February of 2018 we hosted an advanced training workshop in NYC, and we hope to hold more. For now, we've got all the resources, including slides and guides, for you to comb through. Step on the gas and take your email marketing into high gear.