There are two steps to integrating Magento 2 with Klaviyo:
- Enabling the Magento 2 Integration in Klaviyo.
- Installing the Klaviyo Extension in Magento.
This guide covers both steps for Magento 2 stores.
Setup a Magento API Key
The Magento 2 integration with Klaviyo requires a Magento API key. To create this key set up a special role with full resource access and assign a new user to this role. The Username and Password of this user will serve as the API key.
- From your Magento 2 store admin click System and then click User Roles under Permissions.
- Click Add New Role.
- Click the Role Resources tab set Resource Access to All.
- Click the Role Info tab, then name the role "Klaviyo" and click Save.
- Click System and then click All Users under Permissions.
- Click Add New User.
- Click the User Role tab and set the Role to Klaviyo.
- Click the User Info tab. Set the User Name to "klaviyo" and enter a strong Password. Save the User Name and Password as you will use them when enabling the Magento 2 integration in Klaviyo. Fill in the rest of the information and click Save User.
NoteWhen enabling the Magento 2 Integration in Klaviyo the User Name will serve as the API Username the Password will serve as the Password / API Key.
Enable the Magento 2 Integration in Klaviyo
Use the Magento API key you created to enable the Magento 2 integration in Klaviyo.
- In your Klaviyo account click the Integrations tab and click on the Magento 2 integration.
- Enter the following information:
- Site URL: The site URL is the address of your Magento instance.
- API Username: The username you created for your new user with API permissions.
- Password / API key: The password you created for your new user.
- Click Connect to Magento 2.
Your data will begin to sync into Klaviyo in minutes. You've successfully enabled the Magento 2 integration.
Install the Klaviyo Extension in Magento
You need prepare two things before installing the Klaviyo Extension:
- Log in to the Magento Marketplace and add the free Klaviyo Extension to your account.
- Log in to your Klaviyo account and write down your Public API Key / Site ID.
With this information prepared you can begin to install the Klaviyo extension.
- From your Magento store admin click System and then click Web Setup Wizard.
- In the Web Setup Wizard click Component Manager.
- If you haven't already, sign in and sync to your Magento Marketplace account.
- Find the klaviyo/magento2-extension and install it.
- After the installation is complete, navigate back to your Magento store admin, click Stores and then click Configuration under Settings.
- From the Klaviyo dropdown click General. Set Enable Klaviyo Extension to Yes and enter your six digit Public Klaviyo API Key.
- Click Save Config.
Your installation of the Klaviyo extension is now complete.
Sync a Magento Signup Form to a Klaviyo List
You can optionally sync a Magento signup form so that users are added to a Klaviyo list.
- Create a list in Klaviyo that you want to sync with your Magento sign up form.
- Create a private API key.
- From your Magento store admin, click Stores and then click Configuration under Settings.
- From the Klaviyo dropdown click General.
- Fill in you Private Klaviyo API Key and click Save Config.
NoteYou may be prompted to flush your cache at this point. This is expected whenever updating configuration files in Magento 2.
- From the Klaviyo dropdown click Newsletter.
- From the dropdown select the Klaviyo list you want to sync your Magento singup form.
- Click Save Config and flush your cache again.
Your Magento signup form is now synced with your Klaviyo list.
NoteThis process syncs all future subscribers. Existing subscribers need to be manually migrated from your Magento list into Klaviyo.
Data Synced with the Magento 2 Integration
Klaviyo's Magento 2 integration and complementary extension pulls key customer information from your Magento platform. Here's some of the data we sync from Magento:
- Sales and order data including which items were purchased, item images, item categories and any discounts applied.
- Customer information including first name, last name, and location.
- Fulfillment, refunded and canceled order data.
- When people visit your website and which items they view; you won't have to add the Klaviyo tracking snippet to your site as this web tracking is already handled by our extension for Magento.