How Metrics are Created
Metrics will be created in your account when you:
- Add an Integration: When you enable an integration, we will create integration-specific metrics in your account as data syncs to Klaviyo
- Send an API request: We will create a custom metric for an event request if it doesn't currently exist, and future event requests will be added to this metric
- Upload a CSV: If you import event data into Klaviyo, you will be asked which metric name you want associated with your data - if the metric name already exists, we will map to it, otherwise a new metric will get created
How to Delete a Metric
To delete all events for a given metric, you can remove the metric completely from your account through the Metrics tab.
If you navigate to the Metrics tab of your account, you will see a list of metrics and each will have an "X" to the far right. Clicking this "X" button, and then clicking Delete Metric, will remove the metric along with all associated event data from your account.
If you delete a metric, but have an active integration that is still syncing data to this metric, a metric with the same name will automatically get created in your account as soon as data associated with it flows to Klaviyo. No historic data for the metric will re-populate, however, unless you re-run a historical integration sync.
Explore Metric Activity
For any given metric in the Metrics tab of your account, you have four ways to further explore the metric:
- Charts: If you click the Charts option, you will be taken to a dynamic chart where you can view detailed data around the selected metric; you can apply Advanced Filters to the chart, as well as adjust the time range shown
- Activity Feed: The Activity Feed for a metric will update in real-time as new activity is tracked in Klaviyo; you can filter this view based on any metric properties available, and also select an "On or Before" date to adjust the time range of data shown
- Cohorts: Klaviyo will automatically track the activity of certain cohorts as time passes
- Best People: The Best People view for a given metric will show a sorted list of people that have the most tracked activity for that metric
For the Chart view and Best People view, you can export the populated data to a CSV file.